Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

snack recipe

i can't think of anything more creative than that title! cocoa nut seed balls just didn't sound very tasty. anyhow, i made these high energy snacks yesterday and they were--emphasis on "were"--really tasty. I want to come up w/ several more combinations and have them on hand when the kids are on the go, which is mostly 24/7, so i guess they will be eating these all day.

soaked and dehydrated walnuts
dates
honey
raw cocoa powder
coconut oil
vanilla
sesame seeds (next time I will soak the seeds!)
flax seeds
bananas

mix all ingredients in a food processor. i placed the batter in mounds in my dehydrator and dried until i could easily pick one up without getting a sticky mess on my hands. yum! only glitch seems to be that I thought they would be so dense that i only would need one or two for a snack, but instead i ate 1/2 in one sitting.

No comments: