Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

another video about childbirth

i really liked this video that I found on the unassisted birth web site. patrick wanted to watch a birth and this is what we found. then, unfortunately, i discovered that he was looking to watch a video of the birth of Claire, but we don't have any video because it all happened so fast. the boys had planned on being there for her birth, but when i went into labor, i really wanted to be alone and they really wanted to go to the park with Eli! I wish it could have worked out differently, but that's just the way it went.

Gosh, i wish i could have had a birth like the woman in the video! Again, can't change it now, but I do know in my heart that this kind of birth is possible. Letting go of fears and preconceived notions can be a long process, though. I didn't get there this time, and I don't think there will be a next time!

The part at the end of the video is a bit strange, I must admit, but i think Laura was just trying to demonstrate the power of the mind and the interviewer was going for shock value obviously.

1 comment:

jill said...

im tagging you with a tree of happiness award! come check it out on my blog if you want to play