Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Some relief

Unfortunately, Matt lost his job recently which has been a tough situation for us in many ways. However, I have to say that I am much happier! I know that this is an opportunity that will provide us with an even better life. I have wanted to live more simply for some time and perhaps this will be the catalyst to doing that.

The main reason I am much more at peace, though, is that I now have a full time partner at home. I cannot tell you what a difference this makes in my life and the lives of my children. I have been noticing more and more how my mom friends struggle in their daily lives. I had no idea how challenging it would be to be a mom before I became one. Everyone gives lip service to this fact, but do we really comprehend it? I am just starting to comprehend it now after 4 years of being a mom. By the end of the day when I am on my own, I am so exhausted and frustrated and short-tempered. I think about how ridiculous it is to do all that I do in a day by myself. I long for the days when extended family were near and even long for a much more natural tribe like setting. How much easier it would be. But can we go back to that? I have thought a lot about this as well and I am not so sure.

I am just so thankful, though, for this time when I do have a full time partner. It gives me the help and the little bit of space I need. We have wonderful lives together, but now even better! I know that in moving forward from here we can create a different kind of life. Not sure how we will do so and what it will look like, but I have faith that we can.

No comments: